Taunton Welcomes Refugees (TWR) has a vacancy for a part time (8 hrs a week) Coordinator
Would you like to work for a dynamic Somerset Based charity?
Its day-to-day work is at the heart of making a difference to local people.
TWR’s aim is simple. To help refugee families and individuals who are resettled in this area to integrate into society and to move towards independence.
If this interests you read on.
About the job
Taunton Welcomes Refugees is seeking to appoint a Coordinator.
This is a part-time post working 8 hours a week . The salary is £15 per hour.
The hours can be flexible and organised in conjunction with the chair or other Board member but will include being available for the monthly Board meetings. At the moment these tend to be held on Mondays from 5.30 – 7pm. They are either video conferences or at The Taunton Quaker Meeting House. Generally, you would work remotely and will need to be happy to work without close direction.
- Assisting with the running of Board Meetings, taking minutes and other administrative tasks and using Microsoft Teams to do this.
- Organising the appointment of volunteers including DBS checks and references in association with the appropriate Board member.
- Assisting with funding applications.
- Maintaining and improving the charity’s online filing system – so you need to be comfortable with IT and Microsoft 365 in particular.
- Attending meetings with stakeholders, helping to organise events/training.
Key attributes are listed on the person specification.
About the process
- Submit your CV and personal statement (indicating your experience in relation to the person specification and explaining why you want this post).
- Give us the names of two referees whom we will only contact if you are successful.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed in the week beginning 31 January 2022.
Closing date: 11 January 2022
Further information phone Simon on 07876 775401.